Jill Blakeway is a Doctor of Acupuncture and Chinese Medicine, a licensed and board-certified acupuncturist and clinical herbalist. Jill founded Yinova in New York City in 1999 and continues to practice there alongside a team of Chinese medicine practitioners. Energy Medicine: The Science and Mystery of Healing (Harper Collins) is Jill’s third book on health and healing. In it, Jill describes what it means, personally and scientifically, to be an energy healer and draws on cutting-edge research to explain how acupuncture and energy medicine work.
Here are some of the questions answered in this episode as we look at harnessing the body’s innate healing energy:
- What is energy medicine?
- Can healing energy be measured?
- How does acupuncture work energetically? (what other forms of energy medicine do you discuss in the book…what was your biggest ah ha moment when doing research around energy medicine?)
- What role does the placebo effect play in energy healing?
- What did you learn from writing this book?
Connect with Jill Blakeway
- Instagram: @jillblakeway & @yinovacenter
- Facebook: @jillblakeway & @yinova
- Twitter: @jillblakeway & @yinova
- Energy Medicine- the Science and Mystery of Healing
- Making Babies
- Sex Again – Recharging your libido
Other Books and Resources
- Dr. Bill Bengston PhD on Energy Healing Methods https://bengstonresearch.com/
- Heart brain coherence – energy gets passed from one person to another
- HeartMath Institute talking about the heart mind connection
- The Energy Cure by Bengston, William, Fraser, Sylvia (2010)
- Surgery, The Ultimate Placebo: A Surgeon Cuts through the Evidence by Ian Harris professor where he looks at the benefits from surgery are lower, and the risks higher, than you or your surgeon think
- Madhu Anziani is a sound healer extraordinaire who endured being a tetraplegic (paralysis affecting all four limbs) and used sound and energy healing to recover mobility. https://www.firstwasthesound.com/contact