Episode 4: PMS is Real (ft. Ashley Levinson, PCOSGurl)
We are super excited to interview Ashley Levinson, aka PCOSGurl, about PMS, a real phenomenon that often gets ignored and overlooked AND the symptoms can be worse if you have Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (aka PCOS).
Ashley is a public health influencer, a PCOS awareness advocate and educator who was diagnosed with PCOS in 1999 while trying to conceive. She has been a community leader and championed campaigns such as the annual #Heart4PCOS in February and #LemonFaceChallenge. September marks PCOS Awareness month, the time of this podcast release. However, PMS and PCOS is a subject that is relevant and affects women globally all year around.
Join us as we talk about:
- What is PMS?
- Ashley’s personal experience with having PMS while having PCOS and its impact in her life. PMS symptoms can vary widely from moderate to severe.
- Physiology lesson…to explain WHY it happens (hormone shift)
- How bad PMS can get when you have hormonal disturbances like PCOS
- What is PCOS?
- How we can make it better for both the women who experience it and how their partners can help
- Tracking menstruation especially if they are irregular (the 5th vital sign)
- Looking out for cervical mucous (aka EWCM)
- Easy doable Tips on how to make PMS better in our lives.
Connect with PCOSGurl on Instagram and Facebook.
- The Fifth Vital Signs – by Lisa Hendrickson-Jack
- Fertility Friday Podcast – http://fertilityfriday.com/
- Recognize #PCOS Polycystic Ovary Syndrome as a significant health concern demanding national attention and government support. Check out petition here: https://bit.ly/3iAhoZc
- Fertility Talks Live #173 PCOS Awareness Month – https://bit.ly/35KBdJI