Episode 34: Power, Pleasure & Purpose (ft. Kimberly Ann Johnson)
Have you ever had a time when you didn’t get to say what you wanted to say or do what you wanted to do? Stored over time, this can be a form of retained trauma.
Trauma, no matter how small or big, can impact your body, mind, and spirit. Tapping into your deepest, truest self, you can learn to read and speak your body’s language, and create a paradigm shift with practices you need to heal, awaken your power, and live your most embodied life.
What You’ll Learn
- What is a sexological body worker and why it deals with scope of practice including genital area
- Why Kimberly can help with:
- scar tissue remediation
- healing prolapse
- gynaecological surgeries
- abortion loss
- sexual trauma
- any experience that radically change their relationship with their pelvis and sexuality or loss of desire
- Why one of Kimberly’s patients coined her the ‘vaginapractor’
- What Kimberly does as a somatic experiencing practitioner
- Why her book is called Call of the Wild: How We Heal Trauma, Awaken Our Own Power, and Use It for Good
- Why you go through your life and have imprints, experiences that stick with you and leave good or bad memories
- Why this practice is not about getting rid of experiences or wishing they didn’t happen/regret, but integrate so that their residue dissolves
- How to demystify and de-stigmatize trauma, and how much it can impede healing
- Why trauma can be an incomplete cycle as an interpersonal hangover
- AND MORE!
Aside from being a yoga teacher, postpartum advocate and single mom, Kimberly Johnson is a sexological bodyworker and somatic experiencing practitioner. She has been working hands-on for more than a decade helping women heal and recover from birth injuries, gynaecological surgeries and sexual boundary violations. Kimberly is also the author of the early mothering classic The Fourth Trimester, (who I’ve been telling all of our pregnant patients to read) and is the host of the Sex, Birth & Trauma podcast.
Connect with Kim
- Website: kimberlyannjohnson.com
- Instagram: @kimberly.ann.johnson
Books by Kim
Tammy Lynn Kent: Tami Kent, MSPT (wildfeminine.com) / @tamilynnkent
Please like, comment, share and give us ideas what content is resonating with you, or what you’d like to hear. Subscribe, give us a 5 star review on Apple podcasts, take a screen shot of you playing this episode and DM us on Instagram @embrace_you_first or our Facebook at to enter to win a complimentary 30 minute consult with Dr. Wylde or Mary Wong each month! If you would like to be a guest on our podcast, please DM us and give us your proposal.