We need to eat every day to survive but let’s look beyond what we are eating, to thrive! Explore with us as we look at current eating habits, the art of planning ahead, knowing your why (in eating healthy), and how to be more mindful and satisfied with your food.
In this episode, we cover:
- The social pressures of eating unhealthy vs. healthy in social gatherings
- Recognizing the psychology of food choices at home, work, and social gatherings
- Mindset and your relationship with food
- Finding a healthy connection with food
- How to direct and redirect others around you to help you with your healthy nutrition choices
- Tips in how to feel satiated and satisfied with foods that are healthy for you
- Intermittent Fasting, although healthy for many people, is not for everyone and definitely not healthy or appropriate during certain times in your life or with certain body types coming from Western and Eastern perspective (we elaborate from our Fasting episode #3).
Resources that we mention:
- Power of Now by Echhart Tolle
- Peace Is Every Step by Thích Nhất Hạnh
- Dr. Randine Lewis on mindful eating of an orange
- The Obesity Code Cookbook by Dr. Jason Fung
- Love Good Fats bar – https://www.lovegoodfats.ca/ low sugar high protein and high fat great vegan snacks to keep you going once in a while keto free